Thursday, April 28, 2011

hidden away.

Most people would take an all-expense=paid trip to the beach in a heartbeat. Garrett Kelly only accepts to keep tabs on Sarah Daniels, who's in hiding after witnessing a murder committed by her half brother-a personal enemy of KGI. But Garrett hadn't planned on falling for Sarah. When he glimpses her dark past, he feels an urgent desire to keep her safe-even as she disappears, running for her life.

This is the third book in Maya Banks' series about the Kelly brothers. Each book shows improvement in Banks' writing and storytelling in the world of romantic suspense. Do I think this one was better than No Place to Run? Eh, no. But, maybe just behind it.

I love Garrett and Sarah wasn't a bad match for him. Again, Garrett's mission and the danger to the heroine are ever present here, as the suspense is attached to their relationship. All the Kelly brothers are present and accounted for, as well as some of the other KGI employees. I believe Ms. Banks has even hinted at the first non-Kelly story to come, between Cole and P.J. Apparently, I was wrong. I just read that the author has said they won't be each other's love interest, which begs the question, WHY did you do that?! I should've written this before I found that tidbit of information. (Aside: I don't like when authors mislead me about future pairings. Luckily, I found out about this early enough that I hadn't really given it time to take root in my mind.) I'm guessing, then, that she'll put P.J. with Rio.

Anyway. Rusty is here, yet again, given more time than in No Place to Run, but less than The Darkest Hour. She has a traumatic event in Hidden Away and I was sympathetic to her. But, I still don't like the character. And I still want her to disappear.

If you haven't already gotten into this series, I'd suggest you do so. :c)

No comments:

Post a Comment