Wednesday, March 23, 2011

breaking point.

Denver journalist Natalie Benoit and Deputy U.S. Marshal Zach McBride find themselves captives of a bloodthirsty Mexican drug cartel. Working together, they escape through the desert toward the border, the attraction between them flaring hotter than the Sonoran sun. They fight to stay ahead of the danger that hunts them as forces more powerful than they can imagine conspire to destroy them both...

I'm happy to see we're still on a good path! My luck has finally changed, as far as books are concerned. And I hope mentioning that doesn't jinx me.

Breaking Point wasn't the best book I've ever read, but it was better than the last (book I remember reading) in Pamela Clare's Denver I-Team series. I found Natalie to be a pretty fantastic heroine. She and Zach meet each other while they're being held prisoner in Mexico. From there, they have quite an interesting escape story. The first half of the book is focused on them getting back home and then it shifts to figuring out why Natalie was taken. Clare makes the story real with actual injuries and leaks, instead of the good guys knowing every single thing that was happening.

She's got me back into the series. Next time I see another of her books, I won't make that :o/ face. You know the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment